Fake News central



 Hey i'm back again this time doing a project on fake news today and in the past hope you enjoy.

First of all i had to pick a mission there where several missions that where semi interesting but digital journalism seemed like the one i could play around with the most.After establishing what mission i was doing i started looking for a team we where now able to go with anyone in the class and not just our groups but i still decided to go with people in my class since i knew what they where like.Justin joined me first and shortly after Eddie joined us.

We began planning what we where going to do as we didn't want to just do the same thing as the sheet we came up together either the idea of fake news. Taking into account what Shaun said in the lecture about recording a power point and learning from previous projects on how bland the where we had to come up with a video idea that was informative and interesting to watch. I suggested that we use the likes of "Wendover productions" and "half as interesting" (both YouTube channels owned by the same guy)style of video essay as his video essays are fun to watch and informative.

We also decided that we would make several social media accounts under a fake news network to spread some fake news we where going to make. we decided to call it the Vibe News network due to a meme going around that all of us found funny.I made the email, set up the Facebook account, set up the twitter account, and tried to set up a Instagram account but it was not working so i decided to just leave it.

Justin then took over the Facebook account and was to run the twitter. Eddie made a logo and a banner for both Facebook and Twitter which was of a excellent quality. Justin and I then began making fake articles on Photoshop copying BBC and other online news networks this lasted a few days until me and Eddie met up in a lab and he had an idea to make a website for the articles so we would not have to use Photoshop. He made the in the lab using Wix while I  though of articles to write here is a link too the website for those interesting https://thevibe202.wixsite.com/thevibe .
that same day while looking for fake news articles today and in the past i found a website with an A.I that could write realistic fake news stories in a article manner it is called Grover.ai and is ran by the U.S government. I then used this A.I to make the fake news articles simply putting in a title and it creating a article around it. I also got some images from the web to put them in the article. I then deleted the Photoshop articles off of Twitter and instead put up the new articles of of Wix.

I then found some news articles on the first fake news article and some on modern ones that where deceitful I then recorded my part of the video and sent the creation of the article recording to Eddie.
When I had all the recordings for the first part of the video I uploaded them to a shared drive on the shared vibe network email.

Justin Eddie and I would then meet up on in school to edit the video together so we have the same sense of editing and there is a coherence in all our footage. we edited our parts separately and the put them on the drive to be stuck together and any other changes made. When we stuck all our parts together we decided to record our audio. we borrowed our friends laptop and plugged in my mic and recorded on the corridor. When we where finished we put in our audio and put in a backing track and leveled the audio. and exported the video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't stop the fake news train

The memeing must stop

Fake news leaves the station