A New Gif

Hey I'm back with a more interesting post than the last one I will tell you the process of making gifs for a group project.

It started with me trying to do a completely different project which included game design but I needed at least another member so I had to jump ship and joined the gif team.
After looking for a partner I found Bernard and later Jack this would be our gif making team for the next two weeks.

Bernard decided he would d the research on the history of the gif  since he said he wasn't tech savvy at all so me and Jack would make the gifs. after trying to make the 12 frame animation in gimp for two hours I realised I cant draw so I decided to make the easy gifs first and then move on too the more complex gifs.I started with the video clip so I went on youtube and looked at funny clips from streamers and films. after finding a clip form the 2009 movie Black Dynamite (which is hilarious and you should watch it) I was satisfied and downloaded the clip. I then made a Giphy account and then encountered another problem. Giphy only allows you to use 15 seconds of the clip which means i had to cut some of the beginning and end but the gif is still funny without these parts even though I believe it would have been better with them included.

Next I Began making the cinemagraph which was actually very interesting i have never seen cinemagraphs before and they where very satisfying in a way. I began with watching some tutorials on cinemagraphs most of them where making the gifs on photoshop but I did not have access to it at home so I decided to use GIMP. I found adapted several tutorials to hat I wanted to do and then began the trouble of filming. I used a Samsung 10 to film the videos the camera quality was obviously not on par with the tutorials but it was visible and  could use it. It took me several tries of filming to achieve what I wanted several times just quitting and having to come back later because the camera was moving and I couldn't make it stop. Eventually haven gotten the right video I began the editing process. after saving one frame as a image and cutting out the part that was to move I combined the image and video in Olive and after exporting it something went wrong and there is a massive flash on the image at a certain point. I have decided that iI will go make and try to make a better cinemagraph.

I'll be back later with the gif making process soon.See you guys in my next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The memeing must stop

Can't stop the fake news train

Fake news leaves the station